Thursday, February 20, 2014

February Odds and Ends

Amelia and I played in a parent/child tournament recently.  We had a great time playing against her friends and their parents.  The next day she told me, "Mom, I had fun playing with you.  Can we do that more often?"  Yes!    I want to soak up all the time I can with her until the teenage years start and she spends more time rolling her eyes and laughing at me rather than laughing with me.  

Addison, like the rest of the country's preschoolers, is obsessed with all things Frozen.  She sings and acts out the songs and begged and begged to buy this "Elsa" hair.  Isn't it terrible?  She loves it though  and thinks it adds a whole new dimension to her performance.  

When she is not being Elsa, or coloring, or bossing me around; this is where we usually find Addison.  She is a giant book worm.  (I just noticed the discarded Elsa wig next to her).  

Stephen and I played in the club's Valentine Sweetheart Tennis Round Robin.  We had so much fun playing together!  Although after 3 hours of tennis Stephen was a little less enthusiastic than I was.  He asked how I was still standing because my friends and I had already played three sets of tennis that morning.  
Determination!  Stamina!  We are women, hear us roar!  My friends, who also have to be dragged off the tennis court kicking and screaming.

It is also Mardi Gras time down in the South!
I told Addison to smile and she said, "No, I am a movie star and this is how I pose."
Ummmm, okay.

Our church family gets together and tailgates before the parade so it was a fun afternoon filled with friends.  
The kids all lined up and ready for some beads!

Lizzie, Mckenzie and Amelia!

Tommy and Addison have been hanging out at each of the parades since Addison was one week old!

Tate and Luke having some fun at the parade.  
Now we have the "fun" of sorting garbage bags full of beads, bouncy balls, candy, stuffed animals, etc.  The kids love it, it is this OCD mamma's nightmare.  

No comments: