Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sock Hop


Amelia's school recently had a Sock Hop for all the students that met their Accelerated Reading Goal.  Amelia looked adorable in her poodle skirt (the skirt was mine when I was Amelia's age).  She enjoyed root beer floats and learning how to hand jive and twist.  

These are the moments I live for...I had been out of town for a few days and upon my return, Addison was so excited and happy.  She continued this love fest with me the whole next day repeatedly saying to me, "Mommy, you are my best friend."  "Mommy, you came back!"  "Mommy, I missed you."  All of these were of course music to my ears but then she pulled out the big guns.  My sweet two year old put her little hands on my face and said,

"Mommy, you are my happy."

1 comment:

Chris and Sonya said...

Wow. It will be hard for her to ever top that.