Saturday, October 22, 2011

Busy Week: Vampires,Birthdays,Eggs, Fall Festivals and Pink!

My book club met this week and in honor of Halloween we read Bram Stoker's Dracula.  We all unearthed our inner vampires for the occasion except for Lisa who dressed as the patient Renfield in the insane asylum.  

Me getting a sampling of some tasty blood.  As you can see I went all out with the makeup and I had vampire teeth too.  Well, when I came out of my bedroom all dressed up Addison looked terrified.  So I started singing and doing a silly dance and saying, "See Addison, mommy is just silly."  Addison covered her eyes and shook her head and kept repeating, "Not silly, not silly, not silly."  I am sure I completely traumatized her.  

Kristen and I had some dinner with friends the next night to celebrate our October birthdays.  Much less makeup required :)

Amelia had her Egg O Naut project this week.  They had to design a ship to cushion their egg and then launch it into the air using an air compressor to see if their egg could survive.  I love my little scientist.

Amelia's Connections class.  They have so much fun together and get to do lots of extra math, science, research projects together.  We LOVE Connections!  They are all 3rd graders but Amelia is such a little pip squeak!

Amelia and Ms. Flowers setting up her launch.

There it goes!  70 feet!!  The kids also got to say some kind words about their egg after they cracked before they put them in the "morgue."  "It was a good egg, I was proud of him."  So cute.  Amelia even let Addison help her countdown and pull the launch string.

Fall Festival at Luke's school, The Children's House.  Addison and Alex, hamming it up.  These two little terrors will be at The Children's House together next year:)

Luke doing finger print leaves on his tree.  I took lots of pictures because it was Luke's last Fall Festival. I tried to hold back the sniffs and tears.  Look how big he is!

Bobbing for pumpkins.

Each kindergartner gets to make a scarecrow that looks like him.  I love it!

Proudly showing his bird feeder.



Luke's kindergarten class.  We love fall festival!!!

Luke leading all the little monsters.  I can't tell you how many mother's of new three year olds came up to me and said, "Are you Luke's mom?"  They each had a story of how much their little boy or girl loves Luke.  All the little three year old girls follow Luke around and say they are going to marry him.  He is quite the big man on campus this year!

Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk 2011!

Look at the salute by Addison.

Our friend Jay once again donned his whole pink getup because he reached the $5000 mark for fundraising!  Way to go!  

No comments: